• Happy Thanksgiving
  • 100% Satisfaction
    Guaranteed
  • Request for Quote

    We offer volume discounts!

5 Ways To Prolong The Life Of Automation Machine Tools

DAS Services Inc.

There is hardly any debate over the upkeep of automation components and automation machine tools because of the various repercussions one has to face in case of any unplanned contingency. Machine tools are used to make robotic control  components of varying shapes and sizes by a method called machining which  has evolved over the past decade. Examples of machine tools include broaching machines, mill. lathe, screw machines and more.

Today machine tools are employed on CNC Machines which complete as many iterations of procedures as desired with unmatched precision to manufacture metals of varying shapes and sizes.

Thus it is given to schedule maintenance for upkeep of Automation Machine Tools before it becomes too rickety. So maintenance of the machine tools is required for the smooth functioning of the machine and consequent running of the business without incurring heavy losses. You can infer from this that CNC Machines and machine tools are the mainstay of a business as they make machines for a host of other companies and plays a pivotal role in the manufacturing sector.

Keeping this in mind, automation machine tools need to be functioning with 100% efficiency over  an enhanced  life-span.

Consider the materials you are machining:

All metals have variable attributes. Some are moderately simple to cut while extraordinary alloys such as titanium and different materials are all the more testing. For instance, while gentler materials require basic instruments, harder materials are a different story altogether. They may generate more heat in the cutting zone, consequently requiring enhanced  coatings, higher rake angles, expanded clearance angles and wider flutes.

Match the tooling to the application:

Notwithstanding the material being machined, you ought to consider the intricacy of the cutting activities being performed. Among the basic properties to consider are geometry, hardness, sharpness and coatings.

Understand the various types of machine tool wear:

Flank wear is essentially the aftermath of the weight of the cutting apparatus on the workpiece. Scoring is harm brought about by grip to the rake face and flank of the apparatus. Cratering of the rake side of the piercing happens from a chemical reaction between the material and cutting device. Edge develop ordinarily happens when cutting milder materials, for example, copper and aluminum. These materials can stick themselves to the cutting instrument surface.

Know about the impacts of temperature:

The energy  utilized in slicing metals changes over to warm. About 80% of this warmth is normally moved to the chips, which leaves 20% influencing the device and shaft. These temperatures can be as high as 700º F and can twist both the cutting apparatus and the workpiece.

Use coolant effectively:

At the point when temperatures surpass 500º F sub-atomic changes start to occur even in solidified steel. The idea of the material you are cutting, the shaft speed, feed-rate, unpredictability of slice and activities to be performed will all affect the manner in which coolant ought to be applied during a machining cycle. Coolant distribution  ought to be modified aptly to apply the best possible weight at different phases of an activity, either through the CNC machine controller or by means of a peripheral  programmable variable pressure  coolant framework.

×